How to eFile in LASC with File & ServeXpress
Los Angeles Superior Court has now made e-Filing mandatory in Civil Limited and Civil Limited case types. Civil Complex will be mandatory January 1, 2020.
While change may give rise to some concern, it is important realize that eFiling will enable you to make significant time and cost savings for your law firm. You will now be able to efficiently and securely file, serve, track and monitor your cases through our Frustration Free Efiling Service.
While Los Angeles works through the transition of Efiling, we are available to deal with any issues with the court’s E-filing system. Simply email us your documents and we take care of the rest. The transition is easy when you choose the right electronic filing service provider.
eFiling with File & ServeXpress is a painless and efficient process. To get started and take advantage of File & Serve E-Service, please check out our training video and/or click on the getting started link below. If you would like to E-File call our customer support number to get set up.
The Los Angeles Superior Court is anticipated to replace the case management system currently deployed for many case types between now and January 1, 2020. This gradual roll out of new case management technology will culminate in a court-wide eFiling mandate before the end of the year. While change may give rise to some concern, it is important realize that eFiling will enable you to make significant time and cost savings for your law firm. You will now be able to efficiently and securely file, serve, track and monitor your cases with a few clicks of a mouse. The transition is easy when you choose the right electronic filing service provider. File & ServeXpress puts all the tools you need at your fingertips. We have configured File and Serve so that it will interface seamlessly with the state’s electronic filing manager. Our system is also backed by customer service and technical support 24/7, 365 days a year.
Help is at hand – take advantage today!
As the oldest and most established eFiling and eService provider (we’ve been around for more than a quarter of a century), you have the assurance that our system is tried-and-tested and will add tremendous value to your business. File and ServeXpress is here to prepare, guide and enable you to make the transition in the shortest and most profitable way. Don’t delay. Waiting has no benefits.
eFiling will enable you to make significant time and cost savings for your law firm. You will now be able to efficiently and securely file, serve, track and monitor your cases with a few clicks of a mouse. File & ServeXpress has configured its solution so that our eFiling and eService system will interface seamlessly with the state’s electronic filing manager.
- Register & go to http://www.fileandservexpress.com/ and click the Register tab OR go to http://www.fileandservexpress.com/register and select either a Law Firm account or a Pro Se Filers account.
- Sign-up for a training session: go to https://resourcecenter.fileandservexpress.com/resourcecenterwebui/default.aspx?ut=SA, select California under Education & Training, and select a Los Angeles efiling class.
- Watch for email announcements
- A computer or laptop with Internet access
- Internet browser (Internet Explorer will yield the best results; however most other browsers are supported)
- Document creation software such as Microsoft Word or Corel WordPerfect.
- A scanner to scan supporting documents and exhibits (minimum 300 DPI)
- Adobe Reader or similar PDF viewer software to read and open and view PDF documents
- Optional (PDF conversion software)
- A File & ServeXpress login
A. Los Angeles – Frustration Free eFiling:
- • Same day Courtesy Copy Deadline LASC (central court) – 3:00 pm PST
- • Same day Courtesy Copy Deadline Branch court – 12:00 pm PST (Santa Monica, Norwalk, Pomona, Chatsworth, Compton, Van Nuys etc.)
- • Next day Courtesy Copy Deadline – 5:00 pm PST
- • Same day Filing Deadline LASC (central court) – Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. PST
- • Anything submitted after the deadline is Filed the Next Business Day. To expedite an Afterhours filing, you may call 1-888-529-7587.
The first time can take anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes depending on how comfortable the user is, but that time will drastically decrease with practice and training as the user gains experience.
- You must eServe documents that are eFiled
- You may eServe documents that are not eFiled, such as correspondence, discovery, etc.
- You must always serve documents in paper on self-represented parties & non-parties
24/7 Phone Customer Support at 888-529-7587; Email to firstname.lastname@example.org using “LA Probate Cases" in the subject line; and online chat support during business hours from 8am & 7pm ET. There are also website resources at www.fileandservexpress.com.