The Washington DC Superior Court Launched eFiling in Small Claims and Landlord Tenant cases effective October 14, 2018.
The Washington, DC Superior Court now mandates eFiling for new and existing Small Claims and Landlord Tenant cases through CaseFileXpress, the electronic filing portal of the court. Filers are able to file a single new case or a batch of up to 25 new cases for both of these case types, as well as file into an existing single case or into a batch of up to 25 existing cases.
To learn more read the court’s latest eFiling Order.
To learn more about the new Proposed Order Process, go to our dedicated page here: Judicial Review
FREE ONLINE TRAINING
Access our catalog of online webinars, on-demand videos and downloadable guides and tip sheets to help you along the way
Mandatory Case Types
The following case types are currently mandated for eFiling in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia:
- Civil I Cases
- Civil II Cases
- Abuse & Neglect
- Domestic Relations
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Family Special Proceeding
- Interstate Compact
- Person in Need
- Termination of Parental Rights
- ADM (Large Decedents’ Estates),
- SEB (Small Decedents’ Estates),
- INT (Intervention Proceedings),
- IDD (Interventions – Developmental Disability),
- GDN (Guardianship of Minors’ Estates),
- FEP (Foreign Decedents’ Estates),
- FOI (Foreign Intervention Proceedings),
- LIT (Major Litigation),
- TRP (Trusts),
- NRT (Notice of Revocable Trusts),
- DIS (Disclaimers),
- PBM (Probate Miscellaneous), and WIL (Wills);
Ready To Get Started?
Registering is easy. Simply provide a little information about your organization and add any users who will need to file and/or access documents in a case. Registration is free. There is no charge to set up an account or to add users.
Helping You Every Step of The Way.
Have a Question? Get in touch with one of our eFiling specialists to help jumpstart your process.