Cloud Operations Engineer
The Cloud Operations Engineer works with the DevOps team to automate the deployment of applications and the infrastructure they depend on, troubleshoot and resolve outages and application incidents, and collaborate with application development teams to set hosting and monitoring requirements for new applications. The Engineer contributes to performance monitoring and optimization, capacity planning, and has a focus on continuous improvement of the application and infrastructure the team maintains. The Engineer develops automation, process improvements, or technical documentation to help themselves and other Engineers to be more efficient.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) systems in Azure DevOps
- Automate the configuration and deployment of infrastructure in Microsoft Azure and other hosting
environments used by the team using tools like Desired State Configuration (DSC) scripting.
- Analyze telemetry from Application Insights (AI) and other systems to understand and improve application and system performance.
- Investigate support tickets escalated from the Customer Support team, resolving when possible and escalating to the appropriate Development Team when necessary.
- Participate in the team on-call rotation to respond to off-hours alerts.
- Participate in daily SCRUM standup meetings with applicable product teams.
- Create and maintain internal documentation related to deployment and operations.
- Conduct deployments during planned downtime and validate before production is resumed.
- Participate in regular system maintenance (such as OS patching and database indexing) during planned downtime.
- Deliver internal release notification communications.
- Adhere to Client Court policies and standards including security, IT compliance, and SLAs.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience with administration of Windows/Windows Core 2012/2016/2019 servers including PowerShell.
- Experience with administration of Microsoft Azure resources including AzureRM.
- Ability to independently research and resolve infrastructure and application issues.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries to understand the state of systems.
- Ability to develop automated deployment and configuration automation in Azure DevOps.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and DevOps automation paradigms.
- Strong written and verbal English language proficiency.
- 4+ years combined experience in software development, system administration, or database administration.
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24×7 coverage.
Perks and Benefits
Our competitive benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents.
FSX employee perks include 401k, life and disability insurance, coffee, snacks, and work hour flexibility.
Take advantage of our office building amenities, which include a parking garage, deli and fitness center!
A healthy work-life balance is vital. Our flexible PTO plan encourages team members to take time off so they can return feeling refreshed.